Well we’re a third of the way through the season and I think it’s fair to say that NO ONE had predicted the topsy-tervy start we’ve had… Ok, maybe we all predicted that Newcastle would struggle… Steve McClaren, a poor manager? Who’d have guessed that? (Eyes rolling).
But who’d have predicted Leicester would be top of the table under the tinkerman Ranieri, who ironically hasn’t tinkered at all? Who’d have predicted West Ham winning at Arsenal, Liverpool and City? Who’d have predicted that the only championship Chelsea are close to is the second tier of English football?
This season has been a breath of fresh air and long may it continue. Here’s some unexpected predictions I’m making for the rest of the campaign:
- Theo Walcott returns from injury and is slower than Per Mertesacker.
- Aston Villa buy Peter Odemwingie in the January window and he leads them on a 15-game winning streak, which results in them finishing in the Europa League places.
- Jose Mourinho doesn’t blame the referee for his team losing.
- Man Utd win the league but the FA strip them of the title for boring the nation.
- Ticket prices are reduced to £10 per person for all games, as football clubs now care about their fans.